Evening Fog at Pt. Retreat (1967)
Edition of 15
Print size: 14" x 19"
Image size: 10 ⅞" x 14 ⅞"
Note: named by Joseph Whidbey in 1794 as a need to escape from local Tlingit, Point Retreat is located at the Northern tip of Admiralty Island in Southeast Alaska. The 1,505 acre reserve was set aside by executive order of President William McKinley. A few years later, in 1904, the lighthouse was first lit. The hexagonal lantern, seen at the top in DeArmond's print, was removed in the 1950s and replaced with a solar-powered lens.
In 2003, the Point Retreat Light Station was added to the National Register of Historic Places.
Original price: $15.00